McCurdy Group - Insurance and Financial Consultants

Friday, July 24, 2009

So often we find out that our insureds are leaving the state, whether it be our customers or their children. It's important to ask this question: What do I do when I leave the state and how can I cancel my insurance?

When you are preparing to leave, call us and let us know so update your address information. Once you've relocated and gotten your new license plates, please mail us your old Mass. plates; without them we cannot cancel your policy! Once we've received them, we will cancel your policy effective the day after we receive them. (Call us to discuss how to handle this if your plates have been lost or stolen.)

If the state you move to requires insurance, once you get your new insurance policy, we can usually cancel your policy effective your new policy date. Just send us a copy of the policy through the mail or fax.

If there is premium due to you, you will receive it once the Mass policy has been canceled. Abd by updating your address we will be able to ensure it goes to the right place.

We wish you the best in your new home and hope you find a wonderful agent to work with. If you ever need anything we are always here for you!! AND when you decide to move back, we can help you with that, too!