McCurdy Group - Insurance and Financial Consultants

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Does My Homeowner’s Policy Cover My Housekeeper, Nanny or Home Health Aide?

If you have a housekeeper, nanny or any kind of Home Health Aide who cares for an ill family member coming to work at your home, there are some things you need to know. Your homeowner’s policy does not cover employees so you should make sure that the housekeeper, nanny or aide provide you with some proof that they are bonded and have Worker’s Compensation insurance - or you should provide the Worker’s Compensation coverage yourself. Domestic employees get hurt or steal from their employers more than you think and you need to protect yourself. If you decide against getting the coverage for your employees, you may want to hire someone who has their own coverage to avoid costly issues should a claim occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment