McCurdy Group - Insurance and Financial Consultants

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Should I Change My Homeowners Insurance Policy if I No Longer Live in It?

A homeowner’s policy is a homeowner’s policy, right? Wrong! If you are planning on moving out of your home and having someone else live in it; you need to contact your Insurance Agent Professional before you do so. The homeowner’s policy covers “owner occupied” homes so once someone else is living in it, the policy is no longer valid. Your property now needs a rental property policy in order for you to have the proper coverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment