McCurdy Group - Insurance and Financial Consultants

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Insurance Coverage for your Computer

Why should I have Special Coverage for my Laptop? Doesn’t my Homeowner’s policy cover it? Insurance agents hear these questions all the time. The basic Homeowner’s policy does not cover laptops that have been dropped, lost, or have had liquids spilled on them unless you have purchased special coverage for them. Let’s face it, how many times have you been working away to meet a deadline and are eating and drinking at the computer? How easy is it to knock over your coffee onto it because you get distracted or are frazzled? It’s quite easy actually. Or what about the students that carry their laptop around with them at school and put it down for a minute and walk away, forgetting that they have it – or drop it because their attention is elsewhere??? All of these situations are not covered on the standard homeowner’s policy. Please contact your Insurance Agent to discuss your options to have the coverages that you need so that you can have the peace of mind that you won’t have to be paying out of pocket for another laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment