McCurdy Group - Insurance and Financial Consultants

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Do You Need Special Insurance When You Rent a Hall?

Do you need special liability coverage if you rent a hall, room, the town common, etc. for an event such as a wedding, anniversary or birthday party? The answer is NO as long as you have a Homeowners Policy. The standard Homeowners Policy provides liability coverage for various "insured locations", one of which is "part of the premises occasionally rented to the "insured for personal use." It would also be a good idea to have an Umbrella Policy which would give you an extra $1,000,000 in coverage.


  1. We used when we rented the hall - we also had an open bar though.

  2. Great Blog!! That was amazing. Your thought processing is wonderful. The way you tell the thing is awesome. You are really a master.

    Insurance Agency Framingham MA